Each term defined or construed in the Terms and Conditions of Use shall have the same definition or construction herein, unless otherwise defined or the context requires otherwise.
We know that you care how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly. This Privacy Notice describes how FairBuy collects and processes your personal information through the Site. By using the Site or by purchasing products from FairBuy, you are consenting to the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
- What Personal Information About Customers Does FairBuy Collect?
- For What Purposes Does FairBuy Use Your Personal Information?
- What About Cookies and Other Identifiers?
- Does FairBuy Share Your Personal Information?
- How Secure Is Information About Me?
- What About Advertising?
- What Information Can I Access?
- What Choices Do I Have?
- Are Children Allowed to Use the Site?
- Rights of EEA Residents
- International Transfers of Personal Information
- Conditions, Notices, and Revisions
- Examples of Information Collected
What Personal Information About Customers Does FairBuy Collect?
We collect your personal information in order to provide and continually improve our products and services.
Here are the types of personal information we collect:
- Information You Give Us:We receive and store any information you provide in relation to the Site and our products. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of benefits of our Site.
- Automatic Information:We automatically collect and store certain types of information about your use of the Site, including information about your interaction with content and services available through the Site. Like many websites, we use "cookies" and other unique identifiers, and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser or device accesses the Site and other content served by or on behalf of FairBuy on other websites.
- Information from Other Sources:We might receive information about you from other sources, such as updated delivery and address information from our carriers, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase more easily.
For What Purposes Does FairBuy Use Your Personal Information?
We use your personal information to operate, provide, develop, and improve the products and services that we offer our customers. These purposes include:
- Purchase and delivery of products and services.We use your personal information to take and handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products and services, and promotional offers.
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve the Site.We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyze performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of the Site.
- Recommendations and personalization.We use your personal information to recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with the Site.
- Comply with legal obligations.In certain cases, we collect and use your personal information to comply with laws.
- Communicate with you.We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to the Site and our products via different channels (e.g., by phone, e-mail, social media).
- We use your personal information to display interest-based ads for features, products, and services that might be of interest to you. We do not use information that personally identifies you to display interest-based ads.
- Fraud Prevention and Credit Risks.We use personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, FairBuy, and others. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks.
What About Cookies and Other Identifiers?
Does FairBuy Share Your Personal Information?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling our customers’ personal information to others. We share customers’ personal information only as described below that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Transactions involving Third Parties:We make available to you services, products, or applications provided by third parties for use on or through the Site. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we share customers’ personal information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Third-Party Service Providers:We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders for products or services, delivering packages, processing payments and etc. These third-party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy other businesses or services. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that FairBuy or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of FairBuy and Others:We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply the Conditions and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of FairBuy, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
- We work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission by using encryption protocols and software.
- We follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling credit card data.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of personal customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computers, devices, and applications. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What About Advertising?
We may use your information to occasionally notify you about important changes to our website, special FairBuy offers that you may find useful, or offers from companies with whom we have business relationships. We may also contact you if you have entered one of our contests or sweepstakes, or responded to one of our surveys.
What Information Can I Access?
You can access your information, including your name, address, payment options, profile information, household settings, and purchase history in your account.
What Choices Do I Have?
If you have any questions as to how we collect and use your personal information, please contact us as provided under “How To Contact Us” in the Conditions. You may change your account information on file with FairBuy at any time.
In addition, to the extent required by applicable law, you may have the right to request access to or delete your personal data. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact us as provided under “How To Contact Us” in the Conditions. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for business administrative purposes. Depending on your data choices, certain services may be limited or unavailable.
Are Children Allowed to Use the Site?
FairBuy does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use the Site only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without the consent of the child's parent or guardian. If we discover that we have inadvertently collected personal identifiable information from children under the age of 13, we will take all reasonable measures to erase such information from our systems and to not use such information for any purpose (except where necessary to protect the safety of the child or others as required or allowed by law). If you become aware of any personally identifiable information we have collected from children under 13, please contact us as provided under “How To Contact Us” in the Conditions.
Rights of EEA Residents
If you are accessing or using the Site from within the EEA, you may have the following rights under GDPR (as well as other rights):
- Right of Access: You have the right to obtain confirmation from us as to whether or not FairBuy processes personal information from you and you also have the right to at any time obtain access to your personal information stored by FairBuy. To exercise this right you may at any time contact us as provided under “How To Contact Us” in the Conditions.
- Right to Correction of your Personal Information: If we process your personal information, we use reasonable measures to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up-to-date for the purposes for which your personal information was collected. If your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to require us to correct it. To exercise this right you may at any time contact us as provided under “How To Contact Us” in the Conditions.
- Right to Deletion of your Personal Information or Right to Restriction of Processing: You may have the right to require us to delete your personal information or to restrict processing of your personal information. To exercise this right you may at any time contact us as provided under “How To Contact Us” in the Conditions.
- Right to Withdraw your Consent: If you have given your consent to the processing of your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on the consent before the withdrawal. To exercise this right you may at any time contact us as provided under “How To Contact Us” in the Conditions.
- Right to Data Portability: You may have the right to receive the personal information concerning you and which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to transmit this data to another controller. To exercise this right you may at any time contact us as provided under “How To Contact Us” in the Conditions.
- Right to Object: You may have the right to object to the processing of your personal information as further specified in this Privacy Notice.
- Right to Lodge a Complaint with Supervisory Authority: You have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority located in the European Union. Further information about how to contact your local data protection authority is available at http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
International Transfers of Personal Information
Our office is located in Hong Kong but some third-party service providers mentioned above may receive your personal information as part of the services they provide for FairBuy, are located outside the EEA.
Please note that the laws of some countries outside the EEA may not offer the same level of data protection as the GDPR and other laws within the EEA. However, we will treat your Personal Information only as provided in this Privacy Notice. In addition, we will require all third-party service providers to treat your personal information only as provided in this Privacy Notice.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to use the Site, your use and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and the Conditions, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the laws of Hong Kong. If you have any concern about privacy at FairBuy, please contact us as provided under “How To Contact Us” in the Conditions, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice will change also. You should check our website frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us When You Use FairBuy Services
You provide information to us when you:
- search or shop for products or services on the Site;
- add or remove an item from your cart, or place an order through or use the Site;
- download, stream, view, or use content on a device or through a service or application on a device;
- provide information in your account(and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address or mobile number when shopping with us);
- upload your contacts;
- communicate with us by phone, e-mail, Facebook or otherwise;
- complete a questionnaire (if any); or
- participate in community features on social media;
As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as:
- identifying information such as your name, address, and phone number(s);
- payment information;
- your age;
- your location information;
- your IP address;
- people, addresses and phone numbers listed in your Addresses;
- e-mail addresses of your friends and other people;
- content of reviews and e-mails to us;
- personal description and photograph in your account;
- images and videos collected or stored in connection with the Site;
- information and documents regarding identity;
- corporate and financial information; and
- credit history information.
Examples of the information we collect and analyze include:
- the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet;
- login, e-mail address, and password;
- the location of your device or computer;
- content interaction information, such as content downloads, streams, and playback details, including duration and number of simultaneous streams and downloads, and network details for streaming and download quality, including information about your internet service provider;
- device metrics such as when a device is in use, application usage, connectivity data, and any errors or event failures;
- purchase and content use history;
- the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our website, including date and time; products and content you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, and page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs); and
- phone numbers used to call our customer service number;
We may also use device identifiers, cookies, and other technologies on devices, applications, and our web pages to collect browsing, usage, or other technical information.
Information You Can Access
[Examples of information you can access through the Site include:
- status of recent orders (including subscriptions);
- your complete order history;
- personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, and address book);
- payment settings (including payment card information);
- recommendations and the products you recently viewed that are the basis for recommendations;
- shopping lists;
- your content, devices, services, and related settings, and communications and personalized advertising preferences; and
- content that you recently viewed.]